File format and template may need to be checked. Below are some guidelines and illustrations users may consider when preparing QFX/OFX file for Bank Statement import.
Ensure that there are no spaces between the Header lines. Please see below sample:
Note: The OFXHEADER and VERSION must be set as OFXHEADER:100 and VERSION:102 respectively.
1. Check if there are some lines appearing as a single line but had actually broken to multiple lines
1. If there are, copy the multiple lines and paste in excel
2. Combine it in a single line
3. Copy and paste the produced single line to the file and save it
2. Check if there are lines with no text or end tag
1. Search through the lines and find the line having tag (e.g. <MEMO> without any text or end tag ("< / MEMO >")
2. Either fill in a text or remove the line/tag and proceed with upload
3. Check the Date Format following <DTSTART>, <DTPOSTED>, <DTEND>
- Ensure that the date follows this format: YYYYMMDD000000.000[-8]
3. Check if <BALAMT> line has a value
Note: This line usually contains the Bank/Credit Card Balance. Ensure that there is a value for this line. Otherwise, it is best to check with the Bank for the reason on why this line is missing a value.
Other things to consider:
1. File extension should be .ofx or .qfx
2. File name should not exceed 50 characters including extension
3. Make sure that the amount uses a period (.) instead of a comma (,)
Example: 100.00 instead of 100,00