Restrict Average Cost field on a Quote record and restrict this field from Warehouse role.
Note: You must create a custom field for this as this is not possible through standard fields.
1. Go to Customization > Lists, Records & Fields > Transaction Line Fields > New.
2. This is to create your own Average Cost field so kindly rename your field.
3. Select your Type as Currency. Tick Opportunity Item as Applies to to make it appear on Quote.
Sample image is below:
4. Source the value of Average Cost assigned from the item records to your own Average Cost column by going to Sourcing & Filtering tab and add Item = Average Cost. Sample image is below:
5. To add restriction to a specific role, go to Access tab. Add the role under Role, set NONE for Access Level and Level For Search/Reporting.
6. Select Save & Apply to Forms.
7. Select preferred custom form for Quote only.
a. Tick SHOW box for preferred quote form. As per sample, it should be 1OzS Quote.
b. Untick PRINT box to exclude it from PDF Layout.
c. Optional: Rename the field according to your preference as this will be the label that will appear on the Quote record columns. This will not change the name of the field on the setup.
8. Click Save and check this column on your Quote.
Note: Please make sure to hide the standard Average Cost column from your Quote Form and tick the custom Average Cost as SHOW.
Average Cost: 1.53
As you can see - this custom column is now added to your Quote record. Sourced the value from the standard Average Cost to this custom Average Cost. This is also hidden from Warehouse role.