Import of Opening Balance is following the import process of Journal Entry.To Import Journal Entry:
1. Go to Transactions > Financial > Make Journal Entries > Import.
2. On the Import Assistant's Scan & Upload CSV File page, select the type of character encoding for imported data.
3. Click the Single Journal Entry Template File link to download a CSV template file.
4. Save the file to your system and then populate the saved file with your journal entry data.
Note the following conditions:
- Each imported journal entry must include at least two lines and have balancing debits and credits.
- User can add columns to the file to import data for additional journal entry fields.
- User can note in the Memo Field that this is for Opening Balance.
6. Click Next.
7. On the View Mapping / Start Import page, review the auto mappings of CSV file fields to NetSuite fields.
Accept the default mappings and start the import, or make changes by dragging and dropping fields. You can also click the pencil icon to open a popup and set default values.
Note: If you do not map or set defaults for the Date and Entry No. fields, the import process provides default values.
8. Click Run to immediately start the import.