Scenario: User is routed New User Request page when Editing/Creating and Saving an Employee Record
You might be getting the error because the number of access on your account, exceeds the provisioned quantity. As administrator, kindly follow the steps below and remove access as necessary:
Check the number of licenses provisioned on your account by following the steps below:
1. Go to Setup > Company > View Billing Information
2. Under Billable Components, check the number of Full Licensed Users
If the Current Used Qty is higher than the Current Provisioned Qty, then it'll prompt you for New User Request when editing Employee records.
To check the entities who have access to your account, you can create a saved search with the steps below:
1. Go to Reports > Saved Searches > All Saved Searches > New
2. Choose Entity
3. On the Criteria, add Login Access then choose 'Yes'
4. Under Results subtab, add 'Inactive' field
4. Click Preview or Save & Run
The search will display all entities on your account who have login access, and you may start removing access from there, there are times wherein login access were not removed even if the record has already been set to Inactive.