The JCurve ERP Edition of NetSuite is an exclusive small business edition available to JCurve Solutions customers. As such, not all NetSuite enhancements and features will be released to the JCurve ERP edition.
We’ve made it easy for our customers to see the applicable features and enhancements in the following 2022.1 release summary.
Should you be using a NetSuite edition, please see the NetSuite 2022.1 Release Notes
For other release related articles you may refer to these links below:
SECTION 1 - ACCOUNTING
- Users utilising suite approvals can now have the ability to lock approvals based on status or by setting percentage or limits allowing more ways on setting approvals.
- Advance localisation app has added printing option to customise invoices and credit memo.
- FAM users can now scan system to identify the list of assets with no Asset Values record and lease payment records without contracts.
- Record Locking and Re-approval Has now a new section for setting up Locking and Re-approval based on the following:
- Record locking based on approval status –
- Lock records in Pending Approval or Approved status, or both. □
- Allow editing of records regardless of approval status.
- Record locking based on approval status –
Note: Applies to purchase orders, vendor bills, and expense reports.
- Setting of percentage or amount tolerance limits –
- You can set tolerance limits to control whether records are rerouted for approval.
- Affects only pending approval and approved records. The system reroutes records for approval using the same approval rule if the change in the record amounts exceed the set percentage or amount tolerance.
- Option to disallow rerouting regardless of changes in record amounts. This capability applies to purchase orders, vendor bills, and expense reports.
Advanced Localisation Features Enhancements – Australia and New Zealand (Advanced Localisation Features version 1.02)
This gives users additional printing options to customise their invoices and credit memos such as
- Adding a note when payment discount is not applied.
- Mark Document as Copy or Duplicate – Enables labeling the document as Copy or Duplicate.
- Hide Total Incl. VAT Column – Hides the Total Incl. VAT Column from the printed invoice.
- You can customise the label of printed invoices and credit memos using the Use Popup for Email Transaction Button
Enhancements to Fixed Assets Management (FAM) Diagnostics Portlet has the following notable features available:
- Scan for assets without an Asset Values record –With this update, you can now scan your system to identify the list of assets with no Asset Values record. Click the Review Assets link in the portlet to open the Review Assistant. From the Review Assistant, you can check the details of each asset and choose to delete the assets or add asset values.
- Scan for lease payments without contracts –Users can now scan for lease payment records without contracts. When the scan is complete, you can click Create Lease Contracts under the Action column of the portlet to update the lease payment records.
- Updates to column labels – The Requires Action column is removed and. Users can just refer to the Action column to check if the scan results require user input.
SECTION 2 - ACCOUNT SETUP AND MAINTENANCE
- Customer-Scheduled Maintenance feature has been added to enable customer upgrade to NetSuite 2022.1
- Additional upgrade to record monitor page
- Update to APM record page monitor tool on filtering and sorting option and response time value delay
Ability to upgrade to NetSuite 2022.1 using the Customer-Scheduled Maintenance feature. Administrators whose NetSuite accounts are selected to use this new feature will receive email notifications with the necessary instructions. To learn more about Customer-Scheduled Maintenance, see the help topic Customer-Scheduled
Record Pages Monitor Updates Application Performance Management (APM) version 2.1.0 includes the following updates to the Record Pages Monitor tool:
- Filtering and sorting options – Record Operations Monitor still shows the top 10 most utilised record operations by default, but it now also lets you filter according to the most used or most responsive record operations that ran in your account.
- Response time value display – With APM version 2.1.0, Record Pages Monitor now shows the average response times on tiles and exported CSV files. A baseline for the average response time value is also added to the Response Time chart. To view the changes, go to Customisation > Performance > Record Pages Monitor.
SECTION 3 - LEGACY TAX (Australia and New Zealand)
- Added a Supplier ABN List Report page
- ABN Verification Warning is now available
ANZ Localisation Preferences and Supplier List Updates
After the update, the following values will reset:
- Supplier list exported file name - The running number count used in the supplier list exported file name will reset. You can access the Supplier ABN List Report page at Setup > ANZ Localisation > Supplier List. For more information, see the help topic Supplier ABN List Report.
- ANZ Preferences - The preferences on this page will reset to their default values. To set the values again for ABN Verification Warning, go to Setup > ANZ Localisation > Preferences. If applicable, check the Allow Override box. For more information, see the help topic Setting Up ANZ Localisation Preferences.
Note: If you have existing customisations that use any of the old script IDs, you need to update these customisations to use the new script IDs after the SuiteApp is updated to version 1.1.3. In addition, this update removes the duplicate vendor records from the Supplier ABN List Report page.
SECTION 4 - AUTHENTICATION
End of Support for HMAC-SHA1 Signature Method for TBA Postponed.
The end of support for the HMAC-SHA1 signature method for the Token-based Authentication (TBA) feature has been postponed for NetSuite 2022.1. Target date will be later announced.
What to do before end of support?
- HMAC-SHA256 signature method must be used to create new integrations for use with TBA.
- Update the authorisation header to use HMAC-SHA256 by changing the values of the oauth_signature_method parameter and the oauth_signature parameter to HMAC-SHA256.
For more information, see the following help topics: Example OAuth Header, The Authorization Headers, and The Signature for Web Services and RESTlets.
SECTION 5 - CSV IMPORT
New Record Type added to CSV Import called Imported Employee Expense.
SECTION 6 - EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT
- Employee Record Gender Field Enhancements
Users can now choose Not Specified or Non-Binary aside from Male, and Female on the Gender field options within the Employee Record under Human Resources subtab.
2. Performance Management Enhancements
- Performance Review Scheduler Enhancements
Users can now have Basic performance review schedule and Advanced performance review schedule.
i) Radio button labels has been included for Schedule Type or Launch Date Type
ii) Users may schedule performance review using Basic Schedule or the Advanced Schedule that includes Fixed Date and Relative Date Schedule.
iii) Basic performance schedule is used to schedule a performance review based on subsidiary, location, department, or job title.
iv) Advanced performance schedule is used to schedule a performance review based on calendar dates (fixed) or hire date (relative).
v) Users can now see the following columns on the Performance Review Schedule list page: Basic/Advanced and Fixed/Relative
For more information, see the help topic Scheduling Performance Reviews.
- New Manager Digest
This is a monthly email sent to managers regarding their team’s achievements, goal progress, areas of focus, and performance reviews.
Manager Digest provides the following visibilities on:
■ Kudos received and goals achieved ahead of schedule.
■ Goals in progress, completed, not completed, and cancelled.
■ Goals feedbacks/comments and goals behind the schedule.
■ Newly updated goals and goals connected with Areas of Focus.
For more information, see the help topic Manager Digest.
- New Dataset Templates
There are two newly added dataset templates for Performance Management Dataset templates: Performance Management – Reviews Scheduler and Reviews Schedule by Relative Date.
- Goals Enhancements
This feature now includes additional information to provide employees and managers more flexibility and visibility when interacting with goals.
The following changes are now included:
■ Employees can now delete unwanted goals that have not been approved by their manager.
■ The new History subtab on the Goal window shows the history of changes made to the goal.
For more information, see the help topic Viewing Goals.
- Kudos Enhancements
Users can now see the dates that Kudos are given.
For more information, see the help topic Interacting with Kudos in the Employee Center.
`3. REST API for Time Bill
The REST API exposure for the TimeBill record is available. This change brings another standardized method of communication. It improves NetSuite's connectivity to external systems.
For more information, see the help topic Time Bill (Track Time).
SECTION 7 - GLOBALIZATION
SECTION 8 - INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
The Allocated Demand and Allocated Supply pop-up windows are now available on the Supply Chain Snapshot.
NetSuite 2022.1 includes the following updates to the Supply Chain Control Tower Vendor Performance feature: Vendor Performance History, Saved Search Enhancements and Vendor Delivery Performance Scores.
NetSuite 2022.1 includes updates to the Supply Planning feature such that an Item Description is now included on all Workbench Detail Panels. The vendor’s name appears on the Supply Detail panel source field and a new Safety Stock line has been added to the Workbench Date-Based Grid view.
SECTION 9 - MANUFACTURING
NetSuite 2022.1 includes the Enhanced Usability for Scanner Flow in Manufacturing Mobile. This feature is targeted to be available in February 2022. Manufacturing Mobile includes the usability enhancements to scanner flow.
SECTION 10 - ORDER MANAGEMENT
NetSuite 2022.1 includes the following enhancements to order management features:
Ignore Leap Year Preference
The Ignore Leap Year preference ensures that all days are prorated to the same amount regardless of the number of days in the year. Check the Ignore Leap Year preference when you want to always prorate using 365 days for a consistent amount across all days. When enabled, February 29th is excluded when calculating prorated amounts in leap years.
Electronic Bank Payments Enhancements
NetSuite 2022.1 includes the following enhancements to Electronic Bank Payments SuiteApp:
■ Bulk Update of Payment Batches
You can now add information directly in the EFT File Reference Note and Aggregate by Payee columns on the Open subtab of the Payment Batch List. You can perform this process instead of adding the same information by editing a batch on the Bill Payment Batch page from the Pending Approval subtab.
■ Exclude Transactions from Electronic Payments Processes
You can exclude any invoice and credit memo from electronic payments processing by checking the Exclude from Electronic Bank Payments Processing box. This box is available on invoice, credit memo, and sales order records.
■ Process Payments for Vendors from Primary and Secondary Banks
Starting 2022.1, you can process payments using primary or secondary entity banks. A new Entity Bank list is added on the EFT subtab for the following transaction types:
■ Bill Credit
■ Bill Payment
■ Expense Report
All the entity banks of the transaction are shown in the Entity Bank list regardless of their bank type (primary or secondary) and subsidiaries. Selecting an entity bank at the transaction level does not depend on the EFT Bill Payment setting on the EFT Bill Payment Processing page.
The SuiteApp also includes a new EFT Global Bill Payment Processing page. On this page, you can submit payment files for processing transactions with an entity bank at transaction level.
■ Process Transactions for Locked Posting Period
You can post transactions or process payments in locked posting period only if the Override Period Restrictions permission is enabled for your account. If the Override Period Restrictions permission is not enabled in your account, then the locked period posting is restricted for the following payment processes:
■ Bill Payments Processing or Invoice Payments Processing
■ Payment Reversals
■ Rollback and Reprocess
■ Batch Processes
■ Auto Process Payment File Administration (PFA) Stuck in Queue
Electronic Bank Payments version 2022.1 includes a new map/reduce script Auto Process Queued PFA, which lets you process PFA stuck in a payment queue. When the script runs, it sets the status of the stuck PFA to failed and automatically processes the next PFA in the queue. You can run the script deployment customdeploy_15531_auto_queued_pfa_ss on demand or you can set a schedule for it to run daily.
Alternatively, you can manually set the status of stuck PFAs to failed to continue processing PFAs in queue.
■ SuiteScript Permission for Custom EFT Role
The Custom EFT role is updated to include the SuiteScript permission with View level to enable payment reversals. If you have an existing custom role created from the Custom EFT role, then you need to add this permission manually. Otherwise, opening the Payment Reversals page without updating the custom role permission can lead to errors in certain scenarios.
When you create a new custom role from the Custom EFT role, the SuiteScript permission is automatically added.
Pack Station Enhancements
Note: Use of the Pack Station app requires that you install the SCM Mobile and Pack Station SuiteApps. See the help topic Installing the Pack Station SuiteApp.
NetSuite 2022.1 includes the following enhancements to Pack Station:
■ Bulk packing of items that ship as is - For items that ship as is or ship individually, you can now specify the number of items you want to pack.
Pack Station automatically adds a pack carton for each item quantity. If you predefine your pack carton details, it also closes the pack cartons that it adds.
■ Change the weight unit - When you pack items, you can now change the unit of a pack carton’s weight.
For more information, see the help topic Packing Items into Cartons.
SECTION 11 - PROJECTS
NetSuite 2022.1 includes the following enhancements to Projects features:
Advanced Project Budgets Enhancements
The Advanced Project Budgets feature introduces the following enhancements:
■ Flexibility for the Project Budget record – With this updated functionality, you can create two types of project budgets – either Baseline or Estimate at Completion (EAC). You can update both types independently because NetSuite stores data for both budget types separately.
■ Update of the current Budget vs. Actual reports – This enhancement includes adding data from both baseline and EAC budgets. You can compare them with each other and with actuals in the Baseline vs. Actual vs. EAC report.
■ New subtabs on the Budget tab of the Project form – You can now see the EAC Budget, Baseline Budget, and Budget History subtabs, The EAC Budget and Baseline Budget subtabs let you display both budgets on the Project form. The Budget History subtab includes the version history of project budgets. Previously, the Budget tab on your project showed the information for the latest baseline budget only.
■ New button label name – The Make Copy button on the project budget is renamed to Create New Budget Version. For more information, see the help topic Advanced Project Budgeting.
For more information, see the help topics Advanced Project Budgeting and Budget vs. Actual Report.
Support for Project Intercompany Cross Charge Request Now Available
Netsuite 2022.1 reintroduces the Project Intercompany Cross Charge Request feature. The feature was previously integrated into the Intercompany Framework feature. It was hidden by default in NetSuite, version 2021.2. You can enable the Project Intercompany Cross Charge Request record feature by enabling the Project Management and Intercompany Framework features.
In this release, the Project Intercompany Cross Charge Request feature provides the ability to cross- charge amounts between subsidiaries with the integration period-end process. It enables you to set amounts in a currency that you can use for intercompany cross-charges reflected in the Intercompany Cross Charges list.
The Project Intercompany Cross Charge Request feature now supports SuiteScript and SuiteFlow. This change allows you to request approvals around the record.
For more information, see the help topics Intercompany Framework, Intercompany Cross Charges and Using Project Management.
SECTION 12 - SuiteAnalytics
Two different Datasets can now be linked in the Workbook UI. Linking datasets enables to analyse metrics from two datasets in a single visualisation, based on a link that you define using at least one field in each dataset. To create a link, at least one common key must be defined between two datasets. Common keys are fields that contain the same types of data. When you create a link, recommended common keys are highlighted in blue and automatically defined based on the datasets you choose. You can also define your own common keys using fields from either dataset, with some caveats.
Prior to 2022.1, only default report footer filters were applied to results generated for scheduled reports or reports executed in the background. Custom footer filters that you added to the report were not applied. Now, both custom and default report footer filters are used to generate the results.
SECTION 13 - SuiteApp Distribution
SuiteBundler is still supported, but it will not be updated with any new features. To take advantage of new features for packaging and distributing customisations, you can use the Copy to Account and SuiteCloud Development (SDF) features instead of SuiteBundler.
Copy to Account is an administrator tool that you can use to copy custom objects between your accounts. The tool can copy one custom object at a time, including dependencies and data.
SuiteCloud Development Framework is a development framework that you can use to createSuiteApps from an integrated development environment (IDE) on your local computer.
SECTION 14 - SuiteScript
SuiteScript Record Exposures
SuiteTalk Web Services Integration
REST Records Service
SOAP Web Services:
SECTION 15 - SUITEAPPS (BUNDLES) RELEASED BY NETSUITE
Note: SuiteApps Bundles Enhancements are only applicable for those using the bundles.
- Accounting SuiteApps
- SuiteApprovals Enhancements
Record Locking and Reapproval
- Record locking based on approval status – when creating approval rules, you can lock record and edit record regardless of approval status
- Setting of Percentage or amount tolerance limits – you can now set tolerance limits to control whether records are rerouted for approval.
- Records for Approval – Aside from vendor bills, you can now see the number or purchase orders and expense reports for your approval.
- SuiteApproval Reminders –portlet lists the pending approval and rejected records per record type. You can also review ageing records awaiting approval and review records that require reapproval.
- Enhancement to Fixed Asset Management (FAM) Diagnostics portlet
Scan for Assets without an Asset Value Record – You can now scan your system to identify the list of assets with no Asset Values Record.
Scan for lease payments without contracts – Missing contracts on the least payment record occur if the records are imported when the server scripts are not running, with this update, you can now scan for lease payment records without contracts.
Updates to column labels – The Requires Action column is removed, and you can refer to the Action column to check if the scan results requires user input.
2. Administration SuiteApps
- Record Pages Monitor Updates – Application Performance Management (APM) version 2.1.0 includes the following updates to the Record Pages Monitor tool:
Filtering and sorting options – Records Operations Monitor now also lets you filter according to the most used or most responsive record operations that ran in your account. You may also sort the resulting tiles in alphabetical order according to their record type or operation.
Response time value display – it now shows the average response times on tiles and exported CSV files. A baseline for the average response time value is also added to the Response time chart.
- Banking SuiteApps
- Support for SFTP Download Directory Using Absolute Path
In ABSI SuiteApp version 22.1.0, you can use your financial institution’s directory in absolute path format to configure your SFTP connection. A new Use Absolute Path box is now available on the Connectivity Configuration subtab of your format profile record. Checking the Use Absolute Path box prompts the system to recognize the URL entered in the Download Directory field as an absolute path directory.
3. Inventory Management SuiteApps
- New On-demand Inspection Queue Capability in Quality Management (This feature is targeted to be available in February 2022)
- You can trigger an inspection queue on demand with or without reference to a NetSuite transaction context.
- You can create the following types of ad hoc inspection queues:
- A queue with a transaction reference
- A queue without a transaction reference
- Quality Management Enhancements
New Saved Searches – To access your Quality Management saved searches, go to Quality > Reports.
- SCM Mobile Enhancements
Ability to add columns to a table
You can add columns to a Data Table element used in a standard or custom mobile process. SCM Mobiles maps the rows of your additional columns with those from the columns of the existing table.
Enhanced navigation for pop-up windows
Now you can specify the target page for the mobile action that you set up to perform the navigation and add conditions to control the navigation.
Update to printer type options
When you specify a printer type, you can now choose the All Types options for printers that supports labels and reports.
Automatically Submit Default Values
This checkbox appears on the configuration and customisation pages for Text Box element types. When you assign a default value to the element, you can check this box. NetSuite automatically submits the default value, along with the mobile page, after the element is populated.
4. Localisation SuiteApps
- Advanced Localisation Features Enhancements
In Advanced Localisation Features version 1.02, you can now use additional printing options to customise your invoices and credit memos.
Print Note if There’s No Payment Discount – Adds a note when payment discount is not applied.
Mark Document as Copy or Duplicate – Enables labeling the document as Copy or Duplicate.
Hide Total Inc. VAT Column – hides the total Incl. VAT Column from the printed invoice
- ANZ Localisation Preference and Supplier List Updates
To avoid possible conflicts with other SuiteApps, the script IDs for the following fields in the ANZ Localisation SuiteApp are changed in version 1.1.3.
After the update the following values will reset:
Supplier list exported file name - The running number count used in the supplier list exported file name will reset.
ANZ Preferences - The preferences on this page will reset to their default values.
Note: If you have existing customisations that use any of the old script IDs, you need to update these customisations to use the new script IDs after the SuiteApp is updated to version 1.1.3.
- Contrac Account Sheets Now Available in SuiteApp Marketplace
Contra Account Sheets version 1.2.1 is now available for installation from the SuiteApp Marketplace (Application ID: com.netsuite.kontenblatt). This SuiteApp enables you to generate transaction reports with contra account information.
5. Manufacturing SuiteApps
- Enhanced Usability for Scanner Flow in Manufacturing Mobile
Manufacturing Mobile includes the following usability enhancements to scanner flow:
- On the Select Shift page, the Description column is added to the Shifts table. Additionally, the default number of shifts listed is reduced to one.
- Popup messages and error messages for entering a reported quantity are updated. The messages now provide better descriptions of the outcome of specific actions.
- To provide additional context about the work order, some pages are updated with new columns and fields.
- To reduce the number of pages to navigate, some confirmation and success message pages are removed.
6. Non-Profit SuiteApps
- Custom Segments Update in Labor Expense Allocation Preferences
In Labor Expense Allocation SuiteApp version 1.00.3, custom segments checkboxes are replaced with a multi-select field labeled as Custom Segments on the Labor Expense Allocation Preferences page. New custom segments columns are automatically shown on the NFP Employee Timesheet and Pay Type Allocation records based on your custom segment record preference.
7. Order Management SuiteApps
- Suitebilling Enhancements
- Bulk Customer Payments
You can accept customer payments in bulk. Bulk customer payments enable you to generate payments for multiple customers and apply them to the appropriate invoices.
You can set up bulk payments by going to Transactions > Bulk Customer Payments > View Bulk Customer Payments > New.
- Set Default Account and Payment Preferences
On the General Preferences page, you can specify the default account that will be set on payment records created for bulk customer payments. The Default Payment Account and Record Payments as Undeposited Funds preferences are available on the Custom Preferences subtab, under SuiteBilling Enhancements Feature.
- Track Processed Transactions
To help you keep track of processed transactions, a bulk payments run record is generated each time a bulk customer payments record is processed by the SuiteApp. This record shows a list of successful invoices, failed invoices, and generated payments for each run. To view the bulk payments run list, go to the bulk customer payments record or to Transactions > Bulk Customer Payments > View Bulk Payments Run
- Electronic Bank Payment Enhancements
- Bulk Update of Payment Batches
You can now add information directly in the EFT File Reference Note and Aggregate by Payee columns on the Open subtab of the Payment Batch List.
- Exclude Transactions from Electronic Payments Processes
You can exclude any invoice and credit memo from electronic payments processing by checking the Exclude from Electronic Bank Payments Processing box.
- Process Payments for Vendors from Primary and Secondary Banks
Starting 2022.1, you can process payments using primary or secondary entity banks. A new Entity Bank list is added on the EFT subtab for the following transaction types: Bills, Bill Credit, Bill Payment, Commission and Expense Report
For commission transaction type, the Entity Bank list is available on the Custom subtab. All the entity banks of the transaction are shown in the Entity Bank list regardless of their bank type (primary or secondary) and subsidiaries.
The SuiteApp also includes a new EFT Global Bill Payment Processing page. On this page, you can submit payment files for processing transactions with an entity bank at transaction level.
- Process Transactions for Locked Posting Period
You can post transactions or process payments in locked posting period only if the Override Period Restrictions permission is enabled for your account.
- Auto Process Payment File Administration (PFA) Stuck in Queue
Electronic Bank Payments version 2022.1 includes a new map/reduce script Auto Process Queued PFA, which lets you process PFA stuck in a payment queue. When the script runs, it sets the status of the stuck PFA to failed and automatically processes the next PFA in the queue.
- SuiteScript Permission for Custom EFT Role
The Custom EFT role is updated to include the SuiteScript permission with View level to enable payment reversals.
- Pack Station Enhancements
- Bulk packing of items that ship as is – For items that ship as is or ship individually, you can now specify the number of items you want to pack.
- Change the weight unit - When you pack items, you can now change the unit of a pack carton’s weight.
8. Project SuiteApps
File Drag and Drop Enhancement In version 2.03.0, the File Drag and Drop SuiteApp is updated to make it compatible with NetSuite 2022.1. After installing this version, you must clear the browser cache or press Ctrl+F5 for the SuiteApp to work properly. For more information about this SuiteApp, see the help topic Uploading Files Using File Drag and Drop.
9. Taxation SuiteApps
- SuiteTax SuiteApps
- Tax Reporting Framework Enhancements
Tax Reporting Category Enhancements
In Tax Reporting Framework SuiteApp version 1.10.0, the Tax Reporting Category sublist field is enabled on all taxable transaction lines for accounts with SuiteTax and all taxable transaction lines with a Norway nexus for accounts without SuiteTax.
Custom Detailed Report Templates
Tax Reporting Framework SuiteApp version 1.10.0 adds support for custom detailed report templates. The new detailed report templates do not have a fixed set of columns and provide Localisation teams with more flexibility in customising reports.
Enhanced Support for Accounts without SuiteTax
Tax Reporting Framework SuiteApp includes the following enhancements for accounts without SuiteTax:
- Country Tax Report Preferences
- VAT Reporting Features
- Adjust Tax Return
- VAT Group Reports