Users have to apply a deposit or payment to multiple customers' Invoices.
When accepting Customer Payments or Deposits and applying these to Invoices, it is required to select one customer in the Customer field. Thus, in order to be able to record a deposit and apply it to different customers' Invoices, first create a Journal Entry and then individually apply the it to individual Invoices.
I. Create a Journal Entry:
1. Navigate to Transactions > Financial > Make Journal Entries
2. In the Lines tab, enter the following:
- Select Bank account and enter the full amount of the deposit in the Debit column
- In the next lines select the Accounts Receivable account in the Account column and credit the amount of the payment made by each customers. In the Name column, ensure to select the customer's name that made the payment.
3. Save the Journal Entry when all payments are entered and the Journal Entry is balanced.
II. Apply Journal Entry to Invoices:
1. Navigate to Transactions > Customers > Accept Customer Payments
2. Select one of the customers that made a payment
3. In the Apply tab > Invoices subtab select the Invoice that was paid
4. In the Apply tab > Credits subtab select the Journal Entry
5. Click Save
6. Repeat this process until the full amount of the journal entry is applied to the correct Invoices.
Note: This is helpful when Credit Card Transactions are done outside of NetSuite and one deposit is made to your bank account with multiple transactions made for the day. The Bank Statement can then be reconciled with the Journal Entry.