For field level help of Vendor Name/Code at the item level, the vendor's name for this item prints in the Item column of purchase forms. If the user does not enter a vendor name, the item name prints in the Item column of purchase forms.
- If the item doesn’t have a Display Name/Code and Vendor Code, the Item Name/Number prints.
- If the item has a Display Name/Code there is no Vendor Code assigned, the Display Name/Code prints.
- If the item has a Vendor Code, the vendor code prints. Vendor Code supersedes Display Name/Code.
To print the Item Name/Number in the Item Column of a printed PDF, create a custom field that will source the Item Name/Number.
- Create the Custom Transaction Line Field
- Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Transaction Line Fields > New
- Configure the field with the following settings:
- Label: Enter the label (example: Item Name/Number)
- Type: Select Free-Form Text
- Store Value: Remove Checkmark
- Click Applies To tab
- Purchase: Enter Checkmark
- Click Sourcing & Filtering tab:
- Source List: Item
- Source From: Name
- Navigate to Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms
- Click Edit on the preferred Purchase Order Form
- Click Printing Fields
- Click Columns
- Enter Checkmark on the Show of the Custom Line Field created from Step 1
- Click Save
Note: This is only applicable for Transaction Form PDF Layouts and not on Advanced PDF/HTML Templates.