In the Item Fulfillment page, the Bin column in the Inventory Detail defaults to the Preferred Bin regardless of the Lot Number selected.
Item Fulfillment: Bin column in the Inventory Detail defaults to the Preferred Bin regardless of the Lot Number selected
Item: Lot Numbered Item A | Preferred Bin = Bin1
- Lot Number A = 100 | Bin1 = 100
- Lot Number B = 200 | Bin2 = 200
On the Item Fulfillment page, for Lot Numbered Item A,
- Even if user set Lot Number B, note that the default Bin Number under the Bin column (in the Inventory Detail icon) is still Bin1 and not Bin2.
-- In this set up, user needs to manually find and select Bin2 for Lot Number B to complete the fulfillment without errors.
Please note that the dropdown for 'Serial/Lot Number' and 'Bin' in an Inventory Detail icon is controlled by another preference.
To verify this, navigate to Home > Set Preferences > General tab > Optimizing NetSuite section. Check for Maximum Entries in Dropdowns
-- Enter the maximum number of records you want to appear in dropdown lists. Once a list has reached the limit you set here, the list will pop up in a window of its own. The highest number you can enter is 500.
If the Serial/Lot Number column is displayed as a Dropdown while the Bin column is displayed as a List, when entering a Lot Number, the default Value on the Bin column will be the preferred Bin per Location.
- This is true whether or not the Bin Number is associated to the Lot Number selected.
When you set Maximum Entries in Dropdowns = 500 (Provided that your Lot Numbers and Bin Numbers per Item do not exceed 500),
- Upon selecting a Lot Number under Serial/Lot Number column, the default value under 'Bin' column will be a Bin Number associated with the Lot Number selected and with Quantity Available.
In the example above, when 'Maximum Entries in Dropdowns' = 500, Bin2 will be the default Bin Number for Lot Number B.