Product: NetSuite 2021.1
An error is shown when importing workflow using SDF.
Error: "Permission Violation: You need a higher level of the 'Workflow' permission to access this page. Please contact your account administrator."
To resolve the error, edit the custom role used in SDF and add permission for the record type associated with the workflow.
- Navigate to Customization> Workflow> Workflows
- Click on the name of the Workflow to be imported
- Open the Workflow Definition> Basic Information
- See Record Type and Subtypes
After checking necessary permission, edit the custom role used to login to SDF.
- Navigate to Setup> User/Roles> Manage Roles
- Edit your SDF role
- Add permission as necessary
- Permissions> Transactions for transactions (E.g. Invoices)
- Permissions>Lists for entity records (E.g. Contacts)
- Permissions> Custom Record for custom records
4. Click Save