There are already a pre-configured Annually pay period / pay frequency. But there are times, it's not displayed on the Employee Pay Frequency dropdown.
NOTE: Employers can set someone as Annually but will not be able to do annual pay runs, because there is no direction/tax scale from the ATO that enables them do this. If they want to pay someone once a year they will have to manually administer it.
To resolve this:
1. Edit Any Employee record.
2. Under Payroll Subtab, Click on the icon next to + sign as shown below:
3. On the Pay Frequency page, click List on the upper right corner of the page
4. On the Pay Frequency List, Edit the Annually
5. Mark it to Show on Employee and Show in Payrun