When a user resets an Integration record in Sandbox, it also resets the same record in Production.
To prevent this from happening, a user needs to create a separate Integration record on Production.
Although Sandbox and Production are two independent environments, this is standard behavior and not a defect.
Whenever a user installs the Integration record onto Production from Sandbox or vice versa, this is the expected behavior that occurs.
The changes made to the Integration record, such as resetting credentials, on one environment also reflect on the other environment. In this instance, if a user updates an Integration record on Sandbox, the changes also reflect on Production.
The behavior does not reflect on the tokens on the account. Production and Sandbox use different tokens.
Whenever the account has a Sandbox refresh, the Integration record stays the same if it is present on Production. This does not affect the Integration record. However, this deletes the tokens on the Sandbox account. The user needs to recreate the tokens.
- Integration record credentials are the same on both Production and Sandbox
- Resetting Integration credentials on one environment reflects on the other
- Tokens are unique for Production and Sandbox
- Sandbox refresh deletes existing tokens, but not the Integration record (if present on Production). User needs to create a new token on Sandbox and continue using the same Integration
To confirm the behavior through tests, follow these steps:
- In Sandbox, navigate to Setup > Integration > Manage Integrations > New
- Fill in details
- Note the Integration record and its corresponding Application ID
- Submit a SOAP request to Production using the same Application ID
Note: Production now has the same Integration record from Sandbox