There are times when a linked Customer Deposit needs to be removed from the Sales Order and apply it to a different Sales Order. Currently, once a Customer Deposit is linked to the Sales Order, it can only be applied to Invoices linked to the Sales Order.
1. Navigate to Transactions > Sales > Enter Sales Order > List
2. Edit the Sales Order linked to the affected Customer Deposit
3. Set Custom Form field to Standard Sales Order - Cash Sale
4. Verify that the total amount of the Sales Order is still the same, and set any mandatory fields that are displayed
5. Click Save
Note: A warning message will pop up: "Changing the form to a cash sale form will remove the link between the deposit and the sales order. The deposit will then be able to be applied to any open invoice. Do you want to continue?"
6. Click OK
7. Edit the Customer Deposit
9. Select the Sales Order to be applied to the Customer Deposit under the Sales Order dropdown field
8. Click Save
Notes: The Create Deposit feature is only available when the Sales Order form is an Invoice. Once the form is changed to Cash Sale, any Customer Deposit created from or is linked to the Sales Order would be removed.