User would like to delete Customer records in Bulk.
Check the following first:
• Enable “Inline Editing” feature under “Data Management”
Path: Setup -> Company -> Enable Features -> Company -> Data Management -> Inline Editing (Yes)
• We should be careful while deleting the records as this is irreversible.
• Not all record types support “Inline Editing”
1. Create a saved search that returns the records to be deleted. Please see sample below.
Note: On the Results tab, Add the "Company Name" as one of the Results.
2. Run the search and turn on inline editing at the top of the page. You will notice the Pencil icon on the Company name.
3. From the first record in the list, click within any editable column (Company Name).
4. Select a batch to delete:
a. Hold the Shift key then mouse-click the last line within the column to delete the entire batch. The selected column will display a dotted border when selected.
b. Hold the Ctrl key then mouse-click on specific lines within the column to only delete specific records from the list
5. Once all records intended for deletion are selected, press Delete. Click OK from the pop-up warning to continue.
To manually delete a Customer record: