Scenario: A user with an administrator role needs to set up an administrator-like role that has no access to payroll. If the user navigates to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles, the Administrator role is not included on the list of roles, therefore, it cannot be customised.
Install a Bundle and Remove Payroll Permissions.
- Click the link below to view the steps on installing the needed Bundle for a Custom Role Create a Custom Full Access or Administrator role without 2FA
- Edit the Role Permission. If the Payroll feature is enabled, users who have access to employee records can view the employees' payroll information via the Payroll sub tab. To restrict non-Administrators from viewing payroll information of employees but still allow them to access other information about the employees, a custom form can be set up where Payroll sub tab is hidden. This custom form should also be locked so users will not be able to switch to other employee forms. To set up the form, please see below steps.
- Navigate to Customisation> Forms > Entry Forms.
- Edit/Customise the preferred employee form.
- Uncheck the Form is Preferred checkbox.
- Under Subtabs, uncheck the Show checkbox for Payroll.
- Under Roles tab, mark the Preferred box for roles that must be restricted from accessing employee payroll information.
- Under Fields tab > Main subtab, uncheck the Show checkbox for Custom Form. This will prevent users from switching to another form where Payroll tab might be visible.
- Click Save
To hide the Payroll on the Center tab.
- Go to Customization > Centers and Tabs > Center Tabs
- Click Edit to edit the "Payroll or JCurve Payroll".
- On the Audience tab, select a specific role/s or employee on the list you would like to have a view on the Payroll tab
- If needed, review the Role permissions.