Scenario: Item/s are already received to your Warehouse but the Quantity on Hand is not associated to any Bins.
Solution: Associate first the Items to Bins and Perform the Bin Put-away Worksheet.
1. Associate Items to Bins
- Prepare the template and complete the needed Bins and Items to associate to each other. For multiple Bins as see on the snapshot below. Put the Bin Numbers and repeatedly enter the Item Name/Number depending if how many Bin Numbers for that item.
- Once file is ready. Go to Setup > Import/Export > Import CSV Records
- Import Type = Items
- Record Type = Inventory Item
- Select your Template, Next
- Data Handling = Update
- Map your Template to NetSuite fields, same as below;
- Save & Run, or Run
2. Process Put-Away Worksheet
- Go to Transactions > Inventory > Bin Put-away Worksheet
- Select Bin/s and dedicated Qty for it for a specific Item
Below is the result:
Note: 02/08/2019, Currently, NetSuite don't have a way to Import Inventory Adjustment Worksheet for Items with Bins.
This is currently logged as an enhancement request with # 211208: Transactions > Inventory > Adjust Inventory Worksheet > Import > No ability to define bin numbers.