First part is to create a saved search.
Note: Enable Show Internal IDs in Home > Set Preferences > General tab > Defaults section.
1. Navigate to Lists > Search > Saved Searches > New.
2. Select Transaction.
3. In the Criteria tab > Standard subtab, set the following:
* Type is Sales Order
* Shipping Line is false
* Tax Line is false
* Main Line is false
* Add other required fields
4. In the Results tab > Columns subtab, click Remove All.
5. Add the following fields:
* Line ID
6. Click Preview.
7. Click Export - CSV.
8. Save the CSV file.
Second part is to update the CSV file.
1. Open the CSV file.
2. Set a filter to remove all lines with no Item.
3. Change the value of the column Closed from No to Yes.
4. Save the CSV file.
Third part is to reimport the CSV file to update the records in NetSuite.
1. Navigate to Setup > Import/Export > Import CSV Records.
2. Select Transactions in the Import Type field.
3. Select Sales Order in the Record Type field.
4. Click Select.
5. Locate the CSV file, then click Open.
6. Click Next.
7. Select Update for Data Handling.
* Under Advanced Options, make sure that the Custom Form being used has the "Closed" column exposed under the Screen Fields tab>Columns subtab of the said Custom Form.
8. Click Next.
9. In the Field Mapping section, set the following:
10. Click Next.
11. Provide an Import Map Name.
12. Click Save & Run.
Note: Enhancement 62556 has been filed for the ability to perform transactional mass update to close sales orders in bulk.