Detailed explanation of journal entry permission levels for Make Journal Entry and Journal Entry Approval Permissions. This is assuming that Setup > Accounting > Accounting Preferences > General tab > Require Approvals on Journal Entries = T
A. Make Journal Entry Permission:
1. VIEW - User has access to view existing files only. The user cannot create new, edit existing, or delete existing journal entries.
2. CREATE - User can create new and view existing journal entries. The user cannot edit or delete existing journal entries. The entries that would be created will be Pending Approval only.
3. EDIT - User has access to create new, view existing, and edit existing journal entries with "Pending Approval" status. The user cannot delete existing journal entries.
4. FULL - User has access to create new files and view, edit, and delete journal entries with "Pending Approval" status.
A. Journal Entry Approval:
1. VIEW/CREATE - User cannot approve journal entries as he/she is entitled only to view the journals. The Approval function is an Edit function and not a Create function. Hence, it must be at least on an Edit permission level for one role to at least approve a journal entry.
3. EDIT/FULL - User has access to approve, edit "Approved" journal entries. User can delete journal entries also.