To create an automatic email notification when a checkbox is being updated in an Event record:
1. Create a new custom Event field.
- Go to Customization > Lists, Records & Fields > CRM Fields > New
- Enter your Label
- Type is Checkbox
- Check Store Value
- Applies to Event
- On the Display tab, define the Subtab you would like to put your Checkbox
2. Create Saved Search.
- Go to Reports > New Search
- Click new Saved Search
- Select Event
- Define your search title
- On the Results tab, select your preferred columns to show. Include your custom Checkbox.
- Set to Public (Optional)
- On the Email tab > Specific Recipients select your Recipients/s.
- On the Email tab > Updated Fields select the checkbox you created. When Old value is = Blank then When new value is = T. If old value is "F" or blank and new value sets to "T" it will notify an email once checkbox is ticked. Just leave the Old and New value blank for any updates on the checkbox either tick or untick.
3. Try doing a test by editing an Event then tick the checkbox. This will send an Alert that the checkbox is updated on that Event.