I. Create a dummy company.
1. Navigate to Lists > Relationships > Customers > New
2. Enter a Name (e.g Vendor Case)
3. Populate mandatory fields
II. Create a workflow to set default values in the Company field when creating cases for vendors using a specific custom form.
1. Navigate to Customization > Scripting > Workflows > New
2. Enter a Name (e.g Cases for Vendors)
3. Set Release Status= Released
4. In the Initiation section, select Event Based.
5. Mark the On Create and On Update checkbox.
6. Trigger Type= All
7. In the Diagram Section, click State 1.
8. Enter a State Name (e.g Set Company Field)
9. In the Actions tab > Click New Action
10. Select Set Field Value
11. In the Basic Information section, set Trigger On= Entry
12. In the Condition section. set the following
Use Visual Builder
Condition= Custom Form= (Name of your custom case form)
13. In the Parameters section, set Field= Company
14. In the Value section, set the following:
In the Selection dropdown list, select the company created in Step I (e.g Vendor Case)
III. Create a list/record type of field for vendors.
1. Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records & Fields > CRM Fields > New
2. Enter a Label (e.g Vendor)
3. Type= List/Record
4. List/Record= Vendor
5. Store Value= True
6. Show in List= True
7. In the Applies To tab, mark the box next to Case
8. In the Display tab, Subtab: Main.
IV. Create a subtab in the vendor record that will list all cases attached to the vendor.
1. Navigate to Lists > Search > Saved Searches > New
2. Create a Case search
3. Set Public= True and Available as Sublist View= True
4. In the Criteria tab > add Vendor (Custom)= not unassigned
5. In the Available Filters > add Vendor (Custom)
V. Create a custom sublist.
1. Navigate to Customization > Forms > Sublist.
2. In the Entity tab > Add the case search created in Step IV > Enter a label then choose the tab where users want the search to show up > mark the Vendor checkbox
The steps provided can be an alternate solution for Enhancement#32317 (Customer would like to be able to create and send cases to Vendors.).