Issue a Credit Memo Without Impact to Inventory
1. Use a zero quantity on the transaction.
- When creating the credit memo/refund, change the item's quantity to zero and retain the amount.
If a popup says The line total amount is not equal to the item price times the quantity. Is this correct? displays, click OK.
- Click Save.
2. Create a journal entry, using the GL account or related Gl account shown below.
Once you opt to select either 1 or 2 , you will then apply this to an open invoice of the customer:
1. Go to the open invoice
2. Click Accept Payment button
3. Apply tab>Credits
4. Select from the list the journal/credit memo you have created.
Check the credit to apply and place amount on the credit column (if you are just applying a porting on the credit to the invoice)
Note: The ability to create a credit memo and associate it with an amount instead of an item is currently being tracked by Enhancement 81003.