There are instances when we want to restrict views in the records either in vendor or customer record. But the changes you want will only be effected to certain users or roles.
Below is an example where the user would like to remove the Balance Information Section and the Currency tab on the Vendor Record for a specific role/s only.
Here are the steps.
I. Remove the Balance Information Section on your vendor record.
Create the vendor form (where the Balance Information Section section is omitted)
- Open a vendor record>Edit
- Click Customize>Customize Form
- On the form to be edited, go to Field Groups>Financial
- Uncheck the Show box for "Balance Information"
- Then go to Sublist tab>Financial
- Uncheck the Show box for "Currency"
- Go to Roles tab
- Ensure that the Preferred box for the role you want to use this form is checked
- Name the Vendor form
- Then Save
II. Assign the form created in (A) to the role.
- Setup>User/Roles>Manage Roles
- Select the role you need to use the form to
- Click the Forms tab>Entity
- Make sure that the form created is set as the only enabled form on this role and it is set as the default form as well as shown on the sample screenshot below.
5. Click Save
6. Then submit
After following the steps above, when you access Netsuite using the custom role (II) you will no longer see the Basic Information section and the Currency tab on the vendor record.