How many records can be updated via Mass Update? Is there any limitation?
- The Mass Update can do more than 100,000 records at a time depending on various factors described below.
- When you run a Mass update, processing 50 records or less begins instantly. If you are processing more than 50 records, there may be a delay of up to one minute before the job begins. Once a Mass update is in process, you cannot stop it or cancel it.
- Only 1 Mass update can run at a time in your account. While a Scheduled Mass update is running, you cannot start another Mass update.
- It depends also whether the update is being performed during off peak or during peak hours.
- If an error occurs during Mass update process or not all records would be updated, it may be caused by: huge record numbers, complex search criteria, peak hours, connectivity etc.
- In case you want to mass update more records (for instance 100,000), it is highly recommended to break up Mass update to smaller batches and schedule them during off peak hours.