Starting 2018.2, as per SuiteAnswers ID #43340 (NetSuite 2018.2 Release Notes > Banking), there is no longer a Statement Start Date field. Thus, old bank statement transactions may reappear in the Unmatched Statement Transactions of the Confirm Transaction Matches page because of the following reasons:
- Old statement transactions were cleared and reconciled using the old Reconcile Bank Statement
- These statement transactions are duplicates and were not reconciled.
On prior NetSuite versions, if there was a previously reconciled statement, the day after the Last Reconciled Date was the Statement Start Date value. Unreconciled transactions before the Statement Start Date did not display in the transaction lists.
To verify if the Statement Transactions were NOT actually unreconciled:
- Take of a unmatched bank transaction that is deemed to have been reconciled previously
- Navigate to List > Accounting > Accounts, view the Account Register of the Bank Account being reconciled by clicking on the Account Name.
- Look for the GL transaction corresponding to the sample bank transaction.
- Notice that the Clear checkbox is marked and Reconciled Date is populated.
To remove the uncleared old statement transactions from the list, users may set the 'From' & 'To' Date filters.
If users wish to delete the Imported Online Bank Statements, you may refer to SuiteAnswers ID #68002. Please note however that deleting each of the imported transaction is still a pending enhancement request logged under Enhancement #478472 Transactions > Bank > Reconcile Account Statement > Ability to delete individual line items on Statement Transaction.