SUMMARY OF MAIN CHANGES BELOW:
- An employee would be able to take long service leave after seven years of service (s6 Entitlement to long service leave )
- Employees can apply for LSL – even for a single day (s 18 - Employee may make request for Log Service Leave)
- New averaging arrangements apply when calculating entitlements for employees with varying work patterns over the course of employment; (s15 Meaning of ordinary pay and ordinary time rate of pay)
- Paid parental leave and up to 12 months of unpaid parental leave would count as service; further arrangements for casual and seasonal employee (up to 104 weeks) (s12 Meaning of continuous employment)
- Where employment ends and the employee is re-employed within 12 weeks, continuous service would not be broken even if the employee terminates employment; (s12 Meaning of continuous employment)
The payroll developers Infinet Cloud Solutions will only automate the change of Anniversary dates overnight on 31/10/2018 for all employees who have the standard VIC LSL entitlement set on the employee record. They will also update the settings on the Leave accrual rate itself. The entitlement is called "LSL (8.66 Weeks @ 10 Years)VIC"
Note: Other changes are not currently managed automatically so will not change in this release.
A. MANUAL UPDATE OF CUSTOM ACCRUAL RATES:
If you have your own custom leave accrual rates for VIC that need updating you will need to do the following:
- Navigate to Payroll Admin>Leave Management>Leave Accrual Rates
- Find and edit your custom LSL VIC accrual rate.
- Change the "Months till available" to 84
- Change the "Months till next available" to 0
Then you will need to update your employees.
B. MANUAL UPDATE OF EMPLOYEE :
To update your employees anniversary dates for LSL you will need to do the following:
- Edit employee and Navigate to Leave info tab
- Find the LSL Entitlement field. Empty this field (select blank or "None LSL")
- Select the updated entitlement from A. above. Save the employee record.
- Click "Update Leave dates" button. Wait for refresh
- Click "Update Leave" button. Done.