The ATO has provided extensive documentation on Single Touch Payroll for businesses/employers. At a minimum, we recommend you've read the Single Touch Payroll employer reporting guidelines available from the Report through Single Touch Payroll section of the ATO's site. As an employer, it is your responsibility to ensure that you're familiar with and full-fill your STP reporting obligations. Since July 2019, for employers with 19 or fewer employees, this is a mandatory obligation.
How to get started with STP
The quickest and easiest way of getting started with STP is to do the following BEFORE your first 2018/2019 Pay Run:
- Notify the ATO that you are using Infinet Cloud Payroll for STP
- Run the Branch Setup Assistant for each Company/Subsidiary/Branch you will be reporting for.
- Ensure all your employees have correct data
- Add Employee FBT how to add Employee FBT
- Continue to process Payroll as you normally would. Reporting via STP will be initiated automatically.
Accessing STP functionality
You should use the Jcurve Payroll Admin role when using STP functionality. If you have a NetSuite One World account, then Subsidiary permissions and restrictions are respected throughout the solution. All functionality can easily be accessed from the JCurve Payroll > Single Touch Payroll menu.