During the import our Bank Reconciliation tool uses some searches to retrieve data from the account that provides the proposed transaction matching. In some cases it can happen that the amount of data that is requested is to large and Netsuite can't provide the requested data within the server time limits. This error can be resolved by altering the matching preferences on the bank account configuration page, but needs some investigation to be sure that the best possible matching options are obtained. Please follow the steps below to get the best possible matching options for your account.
Steps to resolve the issue
- Go in the main menu to SETUP→ BANK RECONCILIATION→ BANK ACCOUNT CONFIGURATION
- Open the bank account configuration that is used during the import of the bank statement
- First Take a screenshot of all the checkboxes under the section named "Matching preferences"
- Uncheck all the checkboxes under the section named "Matching preferences"
- Now perform a base check by importing the statement again. The expected result is that the error message is resolved but no matching can be found on the statement. Don't save the statement
- Go back to the bank account configuration and perform the following steps and repeat until the error is back
- Check the first checkbox that was set originally and save the record
- Perform the import again to check if this matching option is resulting into the encountered error
- If no error is displayed and the statement loads correct then repeat the steps for the next checkbox
- If the error is displayed then uncheck this checkbox and proceed with a test with the next originally checked checkbox
- When all checkboxes are looped you will finally end up with the highest setting that is possible for the matching options for your Netsuite account
In most case the matching option "MATCH OPEN ON EXACT MATCH OF AMOUNT WITHIN DATE RANGE" or "MATCH CLOSED ON EXACT MATCH OF AMOUNT WITHIN DATE RANGE" is responsible for the error.