Using Auto Match for Online Bank Statements
When you import an online bank statement into your account, NetSuite automatically runs the Auto Match program to match bank transactions with existing transactions in your ledgers. You can also run the Auto Match program at any time.
Auto Match identifies a match for a bank transaction if an existing transaction meets all of the following basic criteria:
- has a date that is the same or earlier
- has a matching dollar amount
- has a matching bank account number
If a transaction meets the basic criteria, then Auto Match checks for the following:
- has a matching document number and is not marked cleared in the register
- is not marked as cleared in the register
- is marked as cleared and the transaction is within the last 30 days
If more than one existing transaction fits these criteria for a banking transaction, no match is made. On the Online Banking Statement page, matched transactions show the date or transaction number as a link in the Matched Transaction column. Click the link to view the source transaction.
Transactions matched to an online bank statement are marked as cleared in the register, but you must still reconcile transactions on the Reconcile Banking Statement or Reconcile Credit Card Statement pages.
If Auto Match cannot match a bank transaction, the Matched Transaction column is blank, and the Type column displays a link to the Find Transactions page where you can manually match the transaction.
NetSuite does not automatically match transactions entered after importing a statement. Use Auto Match to match transactions entered after the last statement import.
To perform an Auto Match:
- Go to Transactions > Bank > Online Banking Statement
- On the Online Banking Statement page, verify that the account showing in the Account field is the one for which you want to perform a match.
- Click Auto Match.
To unmatch automatically matched transactions, go to the transaction in the register, clear the CLRbox, and then click Submit. Return to the Online Banking Statement page to manually match the transaction to the correct item.