NetSuite allows the creation of custom scorecards that can be displayed in the KPI Scorecard dashboard portlet.
2. On the Analytics subtab, check the KPI Scorecards box, and click Save.
To create a new KPI scorecard:
Go to Customization > Centers and Tabs > KPI Scorecards > New.1. Give your KPI Scorecard a name. eg. Business Analytics
2. Go to the Content subtab.
3. Go to KPIs subtab.
4. Add your standard KPIs here. There are a number of pre-built KPIs that are available to use. Some examples are shown below such as: Bank Balance, COGS, Income, Inventory and Employees.
Add a custom scorecard to your KPI Scorecard Dashboard:
1. Go to your Home Dashboard and click Personalize.
2. Select Standard Content.
3. Click KPI Scorecard to add it to your Dashboard.
4. Go to the KPI Scorecard portlet on your dashboard and hover over the three bars and click Set up.
5. Under KPI Scorecard, select your scorecard.
6. Click Save.
Your custom KPI Scorescard will now be displayed on your Dashboard.
Using a Custom KPI in a KPI Scorecard
Custom KPIs are based on saved searches, so you need to create or select an appropriate search before you add a custom KPI to a scorecard.
If you want to display a comparison of saved search data for different time ranges, the search must meet the following criteria:
- Not have a date range defined as search criteria.
- Have only one field with a summary type (such as group, sum, or count) defined.
- Have a date column defined as a Filter on the Available Filters subtab of the Saved Search form.
To create a new saved search to be used as a custom KPI:
1. Go to Lists > Search > Saved Searches > New.
2. In the New Saved Searches list, click on a Search Type.
Define other search characteristics, such as:
- Criteria that limit the returned data.
- Results that determine the displayed search results.
Note: In the below example we have created a Transaction saved search:
1. Enter a Search Title.
2. Go to Criteria subtab.
3. Go to Standard subtab.
4. Add your search Criteria.
For example we have added Type and Status.
5. Go to Results subtab.
6. Go to Columns subtab.
7. Add Amount as a result column.
8. For the Amount field, set a Summary Type of Sum.
9. Go to Available Filters subtab.
10. Add Date and click Add.
11. Check Public if other employees are going to add this custom KPI to their custom Scorecard.
12. Check Available as Dashboard View.
13. Click Save & Run.
To add your custom KPI to your Scorecard:
Go to Customization > Centers and Tabs > KPI Scorecards > Click Edit next to your KPI.
1. Go to Content subtab.
2. Go to Custom subtab.
3. Set Custom KPI #1 as your saved search.
Note: If your saved search does not show here then you should go and review your saved search setup.
4. Go to KPIs.
5. Add Custom KPI #1.
6. Set a label for your Custom KPI.
7. Click Save.
8. Go to your Home Dashboard and click the refresh icon on your KPI Scorecard Portlet.
9. The custom KPI is now displayed on your Scorecard.