To set the normal time P&L account per employee, you will first need to remove the default P&L account for the normal time pay component:
1. Go to Payroll.
2. Go to Payroll Setup.
3. Select Pay Component Sub Type.
4. Click Edit next to the Normal Time component.
5. Remove the default P&L account, in this example currently listed as Accruals.
6. Click Save.
Note: As you are removing the default P&L account, you will need to ensure that all employees have a P&L account set against their normal time pay component, as follows in these instructions.
You can now use this pay component with P&L accounts set per employee.
To set the P&L account against the employee’s individual normal time pay component:
7. Go to the Payroll tab of the employee record.
8. Click the Pay Component sub tab.
9. Click Edit next to their existing normal time pay component.
10. Set the P&L account as needed.
11. Click Save.