Normally, you will see the plus button against any list in the system which users can add to.
To stop users having access to this plus button and restrict them from adding to lists, you will need to make a change to the role itself. To manage role details:
- Go to the Setup drop down.
- Go to Users/Roles.
- Select Manage Roles.
- From the Manage Roles page, you can view all available roles and their details, or click the Customise link next to an existing role, to make changes to it.
- You can also create a brand new role and add all permissions manually, using the New button.
You can then further customise your role permissions by following the below steps:
- Go to the Permissions tab.
- Select the sub-tab of Lists.
- Change the access accordingly against the type of list, e.g. changing customers from Full to View would mean this role will no longer see the plus button next to the customers drop down. They will only see the options to select within the drop down.
- Click Save.