1. Go to the Payroll drop down.
2. Click Payroll Records.
3. Select Employee Pay Components.
4. Select Customize View.
1. Add the Department to the custom view fields.
2. Click the Preview button.
The custom view results will now display the Department for all employees and allow you to identify any employee records which may be missing the Department.
If this does not resolve the issue, please try the below:
Note: You must be logged in as an Administrator.
1. Go to the Setup drop down.
2. Click Accounting.
3. Select Accounting Preferences.
4. Under the General sub tab tick Allow Empty Classifications on Journals option.